The Providence Garden Club of Pennsylvania
1. We don’t take on consignment, or by any other arrangement, articles for sale. No member shall bring to a
meeting articles for sale except those for the Club’s benefit.
2. If time permits and permission has been granted by the President, an announcement of a non-Club event may
be made for the good of the order after the regular meeting is adjourned; this announcement will not be
included in the minutes.
3. Our membership list (including mailing addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses) should not be given
to any outside person or organization. At the discretion of the President, announcements regarding non club
meetings, garden tours or any other event that the President deems would be of interest to our club members
may be sent out by the President. All such announcements must be sent to the President and sent out by the
4. The Club shall pay for the registration and transportation for the President and one Delegate to attend the
Annual Meeting of GCA. Also, the club shall pay the cost of one hotel room for the days of the meeting.
5. The Club shall pay for the registration and transportation for two members of the club to attend the NAL
conference in D.C. Also, the club shall pay the cost of one hotel room for the days of the meeting.
6. The Club shall pay for the registration, hotel room, and a stipend toward travel expenses for one member of
the club to attend the Shirley Meneice Horticulture workshop with the total cost not to exceed the amount
budgeted for this event.
7. We entertain The Rose Tree Gardeners for program and lunch on alternative years. The rental fee for the
meeting location is paid by the Club.
8. All Active Members must, Associate Members and Sustaining Members may, be hostesses at meetings as
nearly in rotation as possible. Since we have co-hostesses, it is necessary to entertain every other year. Rental
fees are the responsibility of the hostesses.
9. Club members are asked in rotation to supply a flower arrangement for each meeting. The member should
consult the hostess about color and size.
10. Members receiving Club awards and GCA awards are selected by the Awards Committee and awards are
presented at the Annual Meeting.
11. The Christmas Workshop shall be supported financially by the budget. This is not a Ways and Means project
Letters and cards shall be sent to members who are absent due to illness over a period of time. Flowers may
be sent to members at the discretion of the President. Flowers shall be sent to members in the event of the
death of a person in the immediate family. Upon the death of a member of the Club, flowers shall be sent to
the family from the Club and a donation in her name shall be made to the Endowment Fund of The Garden
Club of America. This amount shall be taken from The Providence Garden Club Memorial Fund.
12. In order to be counted present at the monthly meeting, members must attend the business meeting.
13. The Club is encouraged to enter the Philadelphia International Flower Show. The cost shall be underwritten
by the Club as long as funds are available.
14. In the event of severe weather on the day of a scheduled meeting, the postponement or cancellation shall be
decided by the hostess and presiding officer.
15. Our Club anniversary is celebrated with a party every five years. Additional parties with spouses or guests are
held every other year.